||To use the most efficient and economical measures by planning, organizing, systemizing, reporting, and coordinating the maintenance and services on all equipment and vehicles.
The position requires a qualified Diesel Mechanic with at least 10 years’ experience & in-depth knowledge of diesel engines and electrical systems, mechanical skills, and manual ability.
||The main purpose of the job is to inspect and repair commercial vehicles, including buses, trucks, and construction machines. To repair trucks & vehicles and diagnose malfunctions, inspect parts and systems, check batteries and wheels.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
1.Repairs and maintenance on all vehicles.
- Carry out regular services on trucks/vehicles and to see that it is being carried out accordingly.
- See that all vehicles are roadworthy at the same time while busy with such a service on a particle truck/vehicle
- See that all repairs and maintenance is done properly and as soon as possible.
- Ensure that preventative checks are made on a weekly basis in order to avoid any future unnecessary breakdowns/damage to any part of a truck/vehicle.
2. Repairs and maintenance on all equipment.
- See that all machines, tools and equipment is in good working order at all time
- Make sure that when something breaks, it is being reported, repaired/replaced as soon as possible.
3. Opening & Closing of Job Cards.
- Ensure that any service parts/equipment needed for such a service/repair be ordered immediately by the Stock Controller
- Ensure that the Job Card is being completed, outstanding issues/parts be reported in writing and signed off.
- Ensure that the completed Job Card is handed in immediately to the Workshop Manager to be checked/in case of uncompleted tasks to take action/to file when fully completed.
4. Responsible for Workshop and staff
- Responsible for the entire Workshop with all equipment/parts/vehicles/trucks being worked on, inside or within the vicinity of the workshop.
- Responsible for the workshop assistants, in terms of their daily tasks/immediate supervision and performance.
- Ensure that the correct equipment is available and in a working condition to do the job.
- Check and do quality control if the job/task is done properly when be given to one/both the workshop helpers
- Ensure proper control overall equipment being issues for a specific task and to be returned after completion of a task/job
- Proper supervision of the Workshop staff and their responsibility towards the workshop, correctness of work to be carried out, condition and correctness of tools and cleanliness of the workshop and of the equipment.
5. Always on standby for the Workshop and any Breakdowns