Website Potentia Namibia
The VMMC Registered Nurse will report directly to the PHC Supervisor and will be responsible for performing male circumcision procedures, management and follow up of patients in the district.
- Provide VMMC clinical services and create demand in accordance with the National Policy and Guidelines.
- Assist with the planning, implementation, and monitoring of VMMC activities in the assigned facilities.
- Ensure that emergency trays are checked every day and contents are verified including the functionality of oxygen cylinders.
- As part of the team that provides VMMC services, you will provide professional and comprehensive patient care, including health education.
- Screen patients for Sexually Transmitted Infections, treat or/and refer for further treatment.
- Assist with the development and implementation of Standard VMMC Operating Procedures for the provision of male circumcision and post-operative care in assigned health facilities.
- Ensure that records and files are maintained thoroughly and accurately and assist in providing relevant reports when required.
- Assist in entering, analysing and compiling site data and writing reports.
- Assist in reviewing quality assurance tools, programme indicators and targets, and update periodically, guided by realities emerging from implementation.
- Ensure that supplies and consumables for VMMC are consistently available and replenished at the health facilities.
- Assist with VMMC training, in collaboration with training partners.
- Participate in local capacity building workshops and meetings on VMMC and share information.
- Assist in documenting best practices, experiences and lessons and share this at relevant forums, such as the VMMC Technical Working Group meetings.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Four-year Degree/Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery from an internationally recognized training institution.
- Registered with the Namibian Nursing Council.
- 3 years’ experience of VMMC service delivery.
- Competency in Dorsal Slit technique.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to create and set goals which are inclusive of the diverse needs of the group and motivate individual team members.
- Computer literacy with knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- In addition to English, preferably speaks at least one local language.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org