Website Pick n Pay Namibia
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Supervisor – Butchery
To control the overall operation of the Bakery department by coordinating and facilitating the production of fresh and quality products, maintaining recipe adherence, hygiene and food safety standards and promoting excellent customer service in order to achieve profitability.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12
- At least 3 years’ of experience at a Butchery / Blockman level.
- Experience in a Supervisory Role will be an added advantage.
- SAP Knowledge.
- Receiving procedure Knowledge and experience.
- Recipe and Ingredients Knowledge.
- Ensure all specialties are prepared timeously and presented and/or displayed in a tasteful manner.
- Responsible for the effective preparation for the stock take and liaison with the Administrative Controller during such stock taking preparations.
- Assist management with the corrections of identified variances after stock taking
- Ensure that appropriate stock is available and prepared timeously.
- Responsible for the control of waste.
- Monitor and control the expiry dates of products
- Ensure that specialties have shelf labels; displays are attractively and tastefully displayed.
- Assist customers with enquiries and queries on stock and application/use of products.
- Ensure that customer orders are timeously prepared.
- Applying and monitoring QDVP4 standards in the butchery department.
- Ensure that all hygiene standards are maintained and applied by staff.
- Compliance of staff to adhere to the health and safety regulations.
- On the job training of sales assistants.
- Scheduling and planning of staff working hours for the week
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Interpersonal skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Assertive communication
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organizing
- Numerical skills
- Problem solving skills
O&L – a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 1360
To apply for this job please visit careers.ol.na.