Website Namib Poultry
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Responsible for the care and management of the stock on site in order to conform with accepted practices and to achieve production standards in conjunction with the Farm Manager and to make sure that your subordinates understand and comply with the proper management practices during their shifts on site to achieve the production standards as required.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Recording of site production results on a daily basis
• Responsible for the control of all consumable items on site
• Responsible for the operation and accuracy of all records and returns
• Responsible for maintaining the site housekeeping to accepted standards
• Ensure and maintain most effective compliment of staff at each site
• Performance management & training of subordinates
• Ensure that biosecurity are adhered to at all times
• Emergency procedures for power failures, alarms, fire, gas leaks, accidents and injuries are upheld
• Manage Health and Safety matters on the site, including the proper display of chemical safety data sheets and first aid boxes
• Ensure all houses are bird proofed
• Effective control over the security on the site such as keys, fences, security guards etc.
• Responsible for the welfare of broiler breeder birds at all times & that protocol are being followed
• Production results, mortalities, ventilation, temperature control to be regulated as per standard
• Emergency procedures are adhered to for e.g. power failure, alarms, fire, accidents and injuries
• Responsible for the care of all equipment, buildings, fixed and loose assets on the site
• Ensure that breakages and repairs are been attended to as quickly and efficiently repaired
• Knowledge and ability to solve basic maintenance issues
• Responsible to see that alarms systems and ventilation, feeding system and are working properly
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Grade 12 (NQF 4) passed with minimum requirements
• Experience in the poultry industry will be an advantage
• Proficient in English, being bilingual will be advantageous
• Namibian citizen or eligible to become a Namibian citizen
• Valid Code BE driver’s license
The Company is an equal opportunity Employer and offers a comprehensive market related package.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates are to send a short CV with certified copies of relevant documentation to the following e-mail: HRSalaries@npi.com.na
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews, no documents will be returned.
To apply for this job email your details to HRSalaries@npi.com.na