Lüderitz Bay Shipping and Forwarding (Pty) Ltd, an equal opportunity employer, is looking for a suitably qualified Ships Agent to join its ranks as soon as possible.
- Minimum Grade 12 completed
- Three (3) years minimum Ships Agency experience with sound knowledge and understanding of Port Agency work.
- Code B or higher driver’s license; valid and unendorsed
- Strong written and oral skills with outstanding interpersonal skills as interaction with a wide variety of persons from different backgrounds and cultures is required
- Ability to effectively manage high volumes of electronic communication.
- Highly organized with the ability to effectively handle multiple tasks at once.
- Motivated and able to work overtime to adapt to fluid ship port schedules
- Own transport will be an advantage
The successful applicant will be expected to attend to vessel husbandry matters, crew changes and other general port agency tasks. This position will report to the Operations Manager.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and coordinating of vessel port calls efficiently
- Preparing and presenting professional vessel D/A quotations and liaison with principals
- Coordinating efficient cargo operations
- Cutting and releasing principal Bills of Lading
- Conducting efficient authority liaison