Website Potentia Namibia
To provide leadership and governance for the successful implementation of an eHealth Strategy that serves as a guiding tool for the Ministry’s digitalisation initiatives.
Coordination of the implementation of the eHealth Strategy
Provision of technical leadership and assistance to MoHSS and other stakeholders with the implementation of the eHealth Strategy to strengthen health information systems including, but not limited to, EMRs, laboratory information systems (LIS), DHIS2, Enterprise Master Patient Index database, Dashboards applications and any other applicable software applications.
Management of the Project
The Senior HMIS Advisor will lead a cross functional team to ensure all project requirements are on schedule and on track. He/she will plan, budget, oversee and document all aspects of specific projects. He/she will submit project deliverables, prepare status reports and effective project communication plans. The incumbent should be prepared to travel locally and abroad.
- Work with the Health information and Research Directorate (HIRD) team to feed information for project reporting including resolving project issues.
- Provide senior level technical assistance to the projects and to all collaborating and implementing partners in health management information systems policy and the monitoring of the improvement of existing Health Management Information Systems.
- Provide expert advice and consultation in health research ethics.
2. Development of Health Management Information Systems
- Facilitate the assessment and strategic planning of MOHSS HMIS systems including post-project evaluations.
- Identify and implement appropriate, innovative, and sustainable strategies to address HMIS gaps.
- Provide advice to the MOHSS and its partners on eHealth and mobile health technologies based on best Global practices to enhance quality health service delivery.
- Oversee the collection of information and the dissemination of lessons learned from implementation of HMIS projects.
- Strengthen the use of data by MOHSS and its partners to improve service performance at health facilities, critical to the successful implementation and rapid, scale up of projects.
- Provide technical leadership for HMIS amongst project teams and partners.
- Work with the stakeholder groups, including the MOH and its partners, to successfully support capacity building and knowledge sharing activities, and provide mentorship to junior staff.
- Participate in regular meetings of project senior management teams, including Technical working groups
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the HIRD director
3. Management of the Division
- Lead a cross functional team to ensure all project requirements are on schedule and on track.
- Develop a costed plan; budget, oversee and document all aspects of specific projects.
- Submit project deliverables, prepare status reports and effective project communication plans.
- Participate in the preparation of divisional annual workplans and the review of strategic plans.
- Coordinate the allocation of tasks to subordinates.
- Continuously supervise and monitor subordinates’ activities in the division
- Facilitate internal communication mechanisms (sub divisional meetings, circulation of important materials etc.) as need arise.
- Develop and implement capacity building plans based on capacity gap analysis (Identify capacity-building requirements related to enhancing the capacity and functioning of the program area and, as appropriate, coordinate activities to address these requirements).
- Attend to managerial matters as the need arises
- A Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS), Public Health or a related Social Science field. Preference will be given to applicants with a Ph.D. qualification.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant technical experience and proven knowledge of Strategic Planning and Leadership Development.
- Extensive knowledge of health information technology and public health IT standards including semantic, exchange, privacy/security, etc. and applications, including EMRs, laboratory information systems (LIS), DHIS2, OpenHlE, Enterprise Master Patient Index, Dashboards tools and others.
- Technical expertise with health information system/information technology (HIS/IT) and results oriented analysis.
- Demonstrated experience managing the full software development life-cycle of mid- to large-sized projects (i.e. crossing multiple program areas and conflicting needs; requiring integration of multiple non-standardised applications or business processes; and requiring complex reporting and communication at the executive level) with minimal supervision.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with applying general software development lifecycle (SDLC) and project management best practise methodologies, i.e. Agile, PRINCE2, RUP, etc.
- Proven experience with managing the development or sourcing of health information systems currently in use in a global setting.
- Proven ability to oversee the design or modification of sophisticated computer applications to meet data collection and reporting requirements
- Substantial knowledge and experience with common relational databases, i.e. SQL, MySQL, Oracle, etc., and a good understanding of extracting, transferring and transforming data (ETL).
- Knowledge of data management, data analysis and statistical analysis techniques; operations research techniques (e.g., simulation, linear programming); high-level computer languages (e.g., Java, Python); methods of problem definition and analysis; and interactive database manipulation
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred.
- Proven ability to develop rapport and effective working relationships with government, national and international working partners at all levels, local organizations, and other program partners, highly desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage operational research and surveys.
- A good understanding of Database Development.
To apply for this job please visit potentia.com.na.