Website The Namibian Oncology Centre
- Welcomes all persons coming to Acute Ward with a friendly and helpful attitude, answering questions and providing hospital service information.
- Assists patients to accurately complete the appropriate documents and to obtain the required information.
- Makes copies of patient information (ID, Medical aid, results).
- Obtains additional results from Pathcare, Medical Imaging or another doctor’s office when not supplied by the patient, as necessary.
- Accurately captures patient information in the patient’s admissions files on Mosaiq and Elixer, and other relevant platforms.
- Attends to queries raised by patients, staff, and visitors in a professional, helpful manner.
- Prepares patient files, in conjunction with the nursing staff, for admission/discharge, ensuring that all relevant charges have been processed and that any pharmacy credits are timeously processed prior to patient discharge.
- Notifies doctors and relevant staff of a patient’s arrival in the ward.
- Protects patients’ rights by maintaining the confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- Ensures all the ward desk activities are fully operational at the start of the business day.
- Organizes and maintains forms and office stationery required for front desk activities.
- Schedules doctors’ appointments, scans, ambulances, and relevant appointments according to doctor’s instructions.
- Collects payments as appropriate.
- Distributes required information via email and/or telephone as needed/requested from Doctors and patients.
- Assists the nursing staff in carrying out a comprehensive range of non-nursing duties, stocktake of linen, clinical room supplies and ward equipment.
- Takes appropriate action in improving any process which will allow the reduction of cost and/or improvement to quality, service, and productivity.
- Grade 12
- 1 year’s working experience in a similar position
- Experience working in the healthcare industry or specialist practice will be an added advantage
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Knowledge of Elixir and Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills and exceptional customer service skills
- Attention to detail
To apply for this job email your details to HR@namoncology.com