Website Kansai Plascon Namibia
The position of Sales Representative has arisen within Plascon, based in Windhoek. This position will report to the Sales Manager
Achieve and exceed sales targets and objectives, sourcing and growing new business, develop
sustainable business relationships and promoting and demonstrating respective Plascon range of
products. Develop and implement customer plans and service customers, ensuring a positive Kansai
Key Responsibilities of the Job
- Achieve and exceed sales targets by customer: Volume, Value, Margin, GP N$, RPL, Service Level.
- Grow market share.
- Ensure accurate forecasting and information for S&OP (Sales and Demand Planning).
- Develop and manage customer relationships through sales calls; value added activities and business
- Implement customer plans, unique strategy executions (including sales, brand & channel activations) to deliver market leading value propositions.
- Identify and evaluate strong competitor stores and new business opportunities in line with company
- strategy, to gain share and grow sales.
- Identify and report on market and competitor information and activity through weekly status reports and monthly sales reports (Insights).
- Measure and communicate customer performance vs TGI.
- Site Assessments:
- Conduct thorough assessment of construction sites and provide specifications within agreed upon timeframes
- Manage a call cycle to ensure that all projects assigned are managed
- To ensure that Reference Areas are identified, completed and signed off
- To ensure that comprehensive site visit reports are completed and handed into the project coordinator on completion of the project
- To visit all guarantee projects weekly
- To ensure that relevant testing (dolly pull-offs, adhesions tests, cleanly tests) moisture readings and WFT- L/m² reading are done and reported on the site reports
- To provide technical advice and problem solving on current projects
- To escalate and report any concerns that could may affect the guarantee
- Conduct monthly/quarterly business reviews with key customers
- Provide product knowledge training and technical training to merchandisers, customers and end users
- Merchandise products in store, maintain/improve standards, secure space and build displays
- Provide market intelligence feedback and professional sales reports
- Ensure colour display stands and tinting areas are well maintained to enhance the Plascon brand image
- Adherence to call procedures agreed on call schedules and deadlines.
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Ensure good corporate governance and adherence to SOP & business rules
- Conduct customer product evenings and weekend demonstrations and in store support
- Manage expenses
- Projects and initiatives as an when required
Opportunity | Duty Requirement(s)
Knowledge & Experience Required
Minimum of 4-5 years Sales Consultant experience in Consumer, Professional and Industrial Sales
Sales experience in the coatings and /or retail paint and hardware environment or relevant business qualifications is an added advantage
Proven FMCG (fast moving consumer goods) experience & Knowledge
Proven selling and negotiating skills
Thorough understanding of competitor activity
Proven cold calling and prospecting experience
Excellent computer skills in MS Excel and Word
Valid code eight driver’s license
Added Advantages | Special Requirement(s)
Educational Qualifications & Personal Attributes
Grade 12 qualification (sales and business skills certificates/diplomas will be a strong advantage)
Valid driver’s license
Strong interpersonal skills and relevant sales attitude
Strong selling skills
Report writing and communication skills
Paint product knowledge and application skills
Display building and merchandising skills
Knowledge of the retail, professional and industrial coatings industry
Good Communication skills, including negotiation and influence
Conflict resolution –Incumbent must be capable & willing to work in team environment
Energetic, Result orientation /Target Driven individual
Should you not be contacted within 6 weeks of submitting your CV, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to PKisting@kansaiplascon.co.na