Website Namib Mills
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To ensure all OHS requirements are maintained, monitored and verified in line with the Company’s Policies and Procedures.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain, implement OHS Administration and support employees, supervisors and managers on the implementation of SHE Management and OHS Documentation.
- Coordinate Monthly SHE activities -Review SHE Checklist and assist in Preparation for SHE Monthly Meeting.
- Minute and assist with chairing SHE Monthly Meeting for the entire Feedmaster.
- Review, investigate, monitor and prepare Monthly Incident Register and Injuries on Duty.
- Coordinate the roll out of Key OHS Projects and Programs.
- Facilitate OHS Induction Program and awareness Programs.
- Implement Workplace Health & Safety Programs Training & Coordinate the Feedmaster First Aid Requirements.
- Nominated as the Fire Coordinator for Feedmaster and coordinate activities on the Fire Fighting Team and Nominated Fire Fighter Coordinator and facilitate in the Fire Fighting Team.
- Audit SHE Programs and OHS Requirements as per schedule at Windhoek and Okapuka Site and 6 monthly at Depots.
- Regulate, maintain and propose any improvements on the safe handling and storage of dangerous goods.
- Maintain and monitor OSHAS Documentation on SharePoint.
- Ensure compliance to company SHE Procedures, Policies and legislation.
- Implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Integration of Food Safety Requirements into the SHE Program to ensure compliance.
- Report to Management on the scheduled basis: Weekly/Monthly basis.
- Facilitate and complete Risk Assessments (including Buildings) and Safety Inspections.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION
Relevant Diploma (NQF 6) with 1-year relevant experience
Relevant Certificate (NQF 5) with 2 years’ experience
OR Grade 12 (NQF 4) with Mathematics and Science and 5 years relevant experience
Other: Namibian citizen OR eligible to become a Namibian Citizen Proficiency in English and Afrikaans
Computer literacy with working knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point
First Aid training, forklift driver licence, SHE rep training and trainer’s training will be an added benefit
Added advantage will be knowledge of ISO 45001:2018
Must be willing to work shifts and travel to Feedmaster Depots
Willing to work overtime, weekends and public holidays and perform stand-by duties.
Willingness to undergo all necessary training to become a Feedmaster Trainer: Training duties include forklift driving, first aiders, fire marshal, SHE reps etc. and Training requires monthly travel to various depots to ensure compliance to schedules.
- Maintenance of all above mentioned training programs.
Feedmaster (Pty) Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.
CV’S WITH FULL DETAILS CAN BE FORWARDED (not larger than 2MB).
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS
SUBJECT LINE FOR APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE: FMP003 – OFFICER: SAFETY.
ONLY APPLICATIONS WITH THIS SUBJECT LINE WILL BE CONSIDERED.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com