Website Namib Mills
An excellent career opportunity exists for interested and qualified candidates to apply for the above mentioned position
at Namib Mills (Pty) Ltd, Windhoek.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To ensure quality output by executing general tasks supporting the packaging and production of pasta.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that the correct type and amount of products are properly stacked on pallets.
- Wrap the products using the semi-automatic pallet wrapper with the correct colour wrapping.
- Help with stock taking when required.
- Stick the correct Quality Assurance sticker on the wrapped pallet.
- Do assemblies of all the products packed and report it to the Controller.
- Ensure that the pallet stickers correspond to the assembled pallets, in that the product type and quantity is correct
and stick it on the wrapped pallet.
- Ensure that the printing quality of the pallet stickers is in good order.
- Locate assembled pallets in the goods hoists and ensuring that the goods hoists are properly loaded and utilised.
- Send the goods hoist down to the warehouse with the properly assembled pallets.
- Report any non-conforming products, defects and faults to the superiors.
- When necessary utilise the mobile equipment (reach truck or pallet jack) to handle pallets.
- Remove the empty pallets from the goods hoist and locate them at the production line where necessary.
- Remove packaging material from the goods hoist and locate it in the packaging material store.
- Assist with operating the mobile equipment where and when as required.
- Ensure adherence to set safety procedures at all times.
Cleaning and other Duties:
- Ensure area is cleaned at all times by sweeping, brushing and washing of facilities and machines.
- Cleans thoroughly and timeously as assigned by superior.
- Reports faults and defects to the superior.
- Carry out adhoc tasks as given by the superior.
Added Advantages | Special Requirement(s)
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION
- Grade 12 (NQF 4) with 1 – 2 years relevant experience
- Forklift Driver’s license
- Proficient in English
- Must be able to work shifts, weekends, overtime and on public holidays
- Namibian citizen
- Well disciplined
Namib Mills (Pty) Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.
CV’S WITH FULL DETAILS CAN BE DELIVERED OR FORWARDED (not larger than 2MB)
IT IS IMPERATIVE TO NOTE THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org