Trustco is a diversified triple listed and multiple award-winning business with a culture of creating long-term sustainable growth for all stakeholders. Decisions are based towards long-term value creation and short-term hurdles are viewed as catalysts to drive success. The business segments in the group, being Financial Services and Resources, are supported by the Shared Services Segment that amongst other support services provide comprehensive information technology solutions. The IT department has the following vacancy:
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure. You will be part of a talented team that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and software solutions, ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
• Delivering, maintaining, and optimizing Trustco Group Holding’s infrastructure, databases, and in-house developed applications’ capabilities;
• Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes;
• Responsible for reviewing solution designs; understanding their impact on applications and the infrastructure;
• Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies;
• Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
In addition, the candidate in this role is responsible for providing technical expertise to their team members and other technical/business areas to ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
• Need to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies;
• Have the ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems;
• Considerable knowledge of computer systems, office automation and Windows software applications;
• Ability to troubleshoot common software problems;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, other employees and client staff;
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
• Superior customer service skills;
• Must be detail oriented and able to multi-task to meet standard response times and deadlines;
• Excellent time management and organizational skills;
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
• Trustco Group supports employees maintaining a healthy lifestyle; therefore, preference will be given to applicants with a healthy BMI.
Qualifications & Experience:
• 3-year Degree / Diploma Bachelor’s Degree or diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar qualification;
• Min 5 years’ experience in designing, developing, deploying and / or administering infrastructure solutions;
• Experience of current and emerging virtualization, infrastructure, cloud and containers technologies and architectures, such as Windows, Linux, Nutanix, AWS, Azure, Open stack, Docker, Kubernetes etc…;
• Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Linux based environments. Eg. Apache, Tomcat, OpenShift, Ceph etc…;
• Experience with database technologies e.g. MySQL, MSSQL, MariaDB;
• Strong SQL scripting skills preferred;
• Proven work experience in WordPress, PHP and Mobile application Development;
• Knowledge of code versioning tools including Git, Jenkins and SVN;
• Strong problem-solving skills and ability to adapt to new methods and processes;
• Strong relationship building, and collaboration skills that drives internal and cross-team constructive feedback and support;
• Strong communications skills and time-management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks, and work well under pressure;
• A minimum requirement to be considered as a possible shortlisted candidate for the vacant position will be that the applicants must successfully pass the “Trustco Group Annual Integrated Reports Test” which will consist of multiple-choice questions from the annual reports of the group spanning a period of the past four (4) years.
To be called a Trustconian is to be bestowed a title of honour. It is worn proudly by those who are committed to the Trustco brand and culture. As Trustconians, we know that every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity, an obligation; every possession, a duty and that a person’s word should be as good as his bond. Trustconians are provided with the opportunity to be part of a family, not just a company, and we are obligated and required to drive Trustco and Namibia forward in our own, revolutionary, way.
Preference will be given to Namibian citizens. Previously disadvantaged and disabled persons are encouraged to apply.
Only CV’s with attached certified copies as proof of qualifications will be accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be interviewed and no CV’s or attached documentation shall be returned.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@tgh.na