|Contract Type||Fixed Term Contract|
|Introduction||This is journeyman level work in the fabrication of various types of insulating materials from fiberglass, foam glass, mineral fibers, synthetic rubber, and other products commonly used in the trade|
|Specification||· Remove old insulation and dispose of it properly.
· Read specifications to determine job requirements.
· Determine the amount and type of insulation needed.
· Measure and cut insulation to fit into walls and around pipes.
· Fasten insulation in place with staples, tape, or screws.
· Use compressors to spray insulation into some spaces.
· Install plastic barriers to protect the insulation from moisture.
· Follow safety procedures.
· Receives work orders and carries out insulation duties.
· Performs related work as required.
|Requirements||Graduation from a standard vocational or high school and some experience as a journeyman insulator; or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
· Considerable knowledge of the standard practices, methods, materials, and tools of the insulating trade.
· Considerable knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
· Ability to work from oral and written instructions, sketches, and diagrams.
· Ability to maintain good relationships with personnel of other departments.
· Ability to work from ladders and scaffolds.
· Skill in the use of standard tools and equipment for the insulating trade.
To apply for this job please visit aps.com.na.