Website SOS Childrens Village Namibia
As member of the National Management Team, the ICT Coordinator contributes to the development of SOS Children’s Villages Namibia strategies and operations. S/He works closely with the management and the various national functions in providing technical and strategic advices on how to achieve operational efficiency, better support the programme implementation and bringing new innovations to the work of SOS Children’s Villages Namibia.
- Design, implement and manage the National Office and programme locations’ ICT infrastructure including, LANs, WANs, Wi-Fi Networks and computers/laptops across the MA.
- Ensure the strict implementation and roll-out of the approved global/regional ICT minimum standards for hardware and software across the National Office and programme locations.
- Plan, design and execute the internet bandwidth requirements in accordance to the global and regional guidelines, number of users and business applications running.
- Implement the global and regional IT Security guidelines to ensure the systems, cloud services and users data are protected from threats.
- Implement the global and regional disaster recovery and business continuity measures to ensure smooth operations of SOS and reduce downtime.
- Execute technical measures of content filtering, to ensure the proper use of the business internet connection and the protection of the MA’s operations from internet and cyber threats
- Ensure all systems, software and hardware operated in SOS Children’s Villages Namibia are officially licensed and has the latest security patches, updates and firmware.
- Provide onsite and remote support for the user’s daily technical issues and provide timely and effective solutions.
- Maintain an up-to date ICT documentation of all ICT services in place, infrastructure, hardware, network, licenses, access credentials and any ICT related service or contracts.
- Conduct quarterly stock taking and inventory of the ICT assets across the MA
- Develop and maintain up-to-date (3 years) national ICT plan for the entire MA.
- Evaluates the National Office and programme locations’ technology use and needs and recommend improvements, such as hardware and software upgrades
- Execute and respond to the regular operational and reporting tasks in time and quality as requested by the Regional ICT Director/Advisor
- Conduct regular visits to audit the ICT systems in the various programme locations and report to National Director.
- Develop usage policy guidelines for the users to ensure the adherence of the organisation code of conduct and IT security policies.
- In close cooperation with the HR department, the NITC technically administer the MA email accounts, in strict adherence of the organisation’s code of conduct and user’s privacy.
- Submit, execute and track the ICT budget for the national office and the programme locations in accordance to the national guidelines and procedures
- Co-lead/endorse the ICT equipment and services procurement and ensure the global and regional minimum ICT standards are followed for the procured equipment and services.
- Review ICT services contracts, recommend adjustments, changes and endorse them to the management for approval
- Serve as active member of the National Management Team, with responsibility to promote the functions goals, consult the management on technology related issues and safeguard the implementation of the global, regional and national ICT goals.
- Support the management and the functions in the development of business requirements for business applications customisation/acquisition (strictly under the approval of the Regional ICT Director and in accordance to the Global Application Lifecycle Management policy).
- Lead the product selection and vendor assessment for non-global/regional ICT software.
- Support the programme team with innovative ideas of integrating technology components (ICT for Development) in the existing/new programmes to better service the beneficiaries.
- Support the ICT capacity building and training activities for the co-workers, in close cooperation with the HR department, by analysing areas of training needs and recommend training agencies.
- Organise High-Level strategic and management trainings in the areas of ICT which support the implementation of the global and regional ICT policies.
- Participate in regional knowledge sharing processes, regional ICT activities and serve as active member of the region’s ICT network.
- Perform additional responsibilities and duties as requested by the National Director within the frame of the technical and managerial areas of expertise
- Relevant three to five years ICT experience
- Industry standard IT Certifications ITILv3
- Proven experience to create strategic ICT plan and monitoring ICT budget expenditures
- Solid experience in ICT hardware and software acquisition and management
- Advanced knowledge in project management
- Professional communications skills
- Experience in business requirement analysis and change management activities
- Experience in doing internal ICT audits
- Ability to develop various ICT policies
- BSc degree in Computer Sciences/ Information Technology/Information Systems
- Certified in networks (CCNA or equivalent)
- Certified in Microsoft (MCSE/MCSA or equivalent). Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suit (EMS) is a plus.
- Project Management certification (Prince2, PMP or equivalent) is a plus
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft windows server and client operating systems
- Advanced knowledge in software defined (SD) networking such as Cisco Meraki and Ubiquity devices.
- Advanced knowledge in Azure identity management and Microsoft Active Directory
- Hands on experience on Microsoft Office 365 services
- Proven experience to design and mange IT projects
- Knowledge in conducting digital literacy and assessing its result
- Knowledge in ICT4D design and implementation
Interested persons should send their detailed CVs including present position with three (3) contactable references and supporting documentation and POLICE CLEARANCES.
Please note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and no documents will be returned.
Those who previously applied may NOT apply again.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com