||APS is currently looking to recruit a Diesel Mechanic with strong millwright experience.
The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out repairs and maintenance on Rental Assets. Candidates who previously worked in the earthmoving/forklift industry are encouraged to apply.
The incumbent must be prepared to work overtime and travel as required.
||Diesel Mechanic & Millwright
- Repair and maintain assets as per the standard times set as a benchmark in the department.
- Communicate and attain approval for all time spent more than benchmarks.
- Preventative maintenance is to be carried out to prevent breakdowns.
- Identify and log all snags. Should the snag be critical, the unit must be reported, and operation stopped by ensuring the status does not turn to green.
2. Quality of work
- Pre and post inspections on all equipment to be completed each time the unit is checked.
- Quality of work must ensure no returns on work performed within the 6-month period unless customer damage can be proven.
3. Cost Saving
- Ensure cost-effective repairs done on assets.
- Ensure quick and efficient turn-around on repairs to reduce machine downtime.
4. Administrative accuracy and timing
- Ensure job card/Worksheet is completed with all necessary details and paperwork to be handed in daily
- Housekeeping – Ensure work area is always tidy as per standard.
- Health and Safety – Adhere and enforce all health and safety standards and policies in the organization.
- Always establish & maintain a safe work environment
- Maintain tools at all time and use the correct tools as prescribed.
- Correct PPE to be always used
- Ensure all PPE and safety-based equipment is checked and repaired/replaced before use.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are adhered to within department.
- National Certificate of secondary education or N3
- Must have a Trade qualification as in Diesel Mechanic/ Millwright
- Must have at least 3-4 years’ experience as a Diesel Mechanic/ Millwright
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Must be able to communicate well in English – verbal, reading and written skills