- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventative maintenance schedules, installing component and part upgrades, controlling corrosion.
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; complete machine shop operations; adjusting and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanism, governors, oils systems, control linkages, clutches and tractions units.
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives, adjusting controls and systems.
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
- Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies, performing preventative maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Keep supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
- Grade 12
- Valid driver’s license (Code CE will be an advantage)
- Must be in Windhoek.
- Formal qualification as a diesel mechanic will be a huge advantage.
- Scania and Volvo experience will be an added advantage.
- Experience in record keeping of parts, service intervals, and roadworthy intervals.
- Professional work ethic and good skills of handling different sets of tools, the control and record-keeping thereof as well as keeping all tools and the workshop clean and tidy.
- Able to pass knowledge to junior mechanics in training.
- Neat appearance, sober habits, and immaculate track record.
- Good people skills.
All applicants must:
Supply traceable references with current contact details
ITC Check will be done on the successful candidate
VSA’s will be done as a pre-employment check.