Data Analytics Consultant
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
Deloitte has been operating in Namibia since 1959 and has grown to be recognized as a leader in professional services locally and regionally. The Deloitte in Namibia is dedicated to providing Audit & Assurance, Tax, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Consulting services to clients across multiple industries in the private and public sectors. Our client service teams combine local knowledge from Deloitte in Namibia with deep expertise from Deloitte’s international network in more than 150 countries. With 125 professionals in Namibia, our integrative approach delivers keen insights and industry knowledge to clients.
Our extensive service spectrum of auditing, tax consulting, business consulting and corporate finance consulting enables us to help clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. Deloitte invests in outstanding people of diverse talents and backgrounds and empowers them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
About the Division
The value that Deloitte Risk Advisory Africa creates for organisations is synonymous with operational excellence. Governance Regulatory & Risk services help organisations protect and enhance value by managing risks and opportunities, addressing compliance and supporting management and board oversight, including internal audit, through out-of-the-box solutions with the view to turning risks into value-creating opportunities.
About the Team:
Risk Advisory maximise the performance of internal business operations by identifying, predicting, resolving and mitigating imminent threats and obstacles as well as enhancing the value of these operations. This is done through customised value propositions and solutions for organisations.
About the Job
As a Data Analytics Consultant, your role will be to focus on data interrogation and analysis. This includes extensive client interaction, partly at client premises and partly at the Deloitte offices. You will be required to stay up to date with the latest programming and IT trends to provide cutting edge consulting to our clients.
The candidate is required to fulfil the following requirements:
- Import, scrub, manipulate and analyse data, which may involve scripting
- Understand why they are performing a task and question assumptions
- Extract key trends and anomalies from data
- Generate reports, presentations, dashboard or other media to report findings
- Report findings at the appropriate levels of management
- Be able to comprehend complex business process cycles quickly
- Provide insightful tips for remediation
You would need to have the following Required Experience and Technical Competencies:
- Hold a relevant degree that requires extensive use of numerical or statistical skills, such as B.Eng , B.Com IT/Informatics, B.Com Accounting or Economics, BSc IT/Computer Science or equivalent.
- Able to work effectively as an individual or in group
- Report writing skills are critical
- Uncompromising integrity
- Be willing to continuously develop and learn new areas and business processes
Advantageous Experience and Technical Competencies:
- Proficiency in using and/or developing data visualisation tools (such as Qlikview/sense, Tableau, MS PowerBI)
- Advanced MS-Excel (e.g. writing macros, pulling external data, advanced pivot tables) and MS-Access skills
- Proficiency in MS-Word and MS-PowerPoint
- Be able to write small applications / scripts in a major programming language (e.g. Python, VBA, VB, C#, Java, Perl )
- A good understanding of relational databases, scripting and querying languages (preferably Microsoft SQL)
- Familiarity with statistics packages (such as SAS, SPSS, Stata or R )
- Accounting and /or auditing experience will be a distinct advantage.
You would need to have the following Behavioural Competencies:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to present yourself in a competent and professional manner to the client at all times;
- Conscientious approach to delivering results;
- Active participation and proactive attitude to service delivery;
- Ability to prioritise competing responsibilities;
- Demonstrate lateral thinking skills;
- Demonstrate a broad approach to problem solving;
- Ability to work efficiently and meet all deadlines ;
- Show enthusiasm towards learning; and
- Attention to detail.
We are committed to establishing an environment of continuous learning and enriching career opportunities.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.