Website Development Bank of Namibia Limited
Assistant to the Company Secretary
The Assistant to the Company Secretary performs secretarial duties and provides administrative support for the Company Secretary Unit, including meetings administration and maintaining information and records to ensure the effective and efficient operations of the Company Secretary Unit according to statutory and regulatory requirements.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Perform secretarial duties, including diary management, receiving and redirecting telephone calls, receiving visitors, conducting all travel arrangements for the unit, preparing correspondence and relevant documentation.
- Assist the Company Secretary in performing the tasks related to statutory and regulatory compliance and company law statutory and governance requirements for the DBN.
- Provide administrative support to the Company Secretary in preparing and coordinating the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and preparing and maintaining the Annual Corporate Calendar for the Bank.
- Provide administrative support for training conducted by the Company Secretary.
- Assist the Company Secretary with all statutory company secretarial duties for Management, Committees and Board Meetings, including preparation of agendas, binding relevant information packs, arranging venues and taking minutes during certain Management and Board Committee meetings as assigned.
- Receive and prepare/collate all applications to be discussed by the Board and Board Committee meetings, assisting with follow-up on outstanding information, documents and reports when required and providing feedback to relevant employees for further action.
- Maintain records and reports for all board and board committee meetings in line with statutory and compliance requirements.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- A relevant Diploma in Office Administration (NQF Level 6).
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant or Officer in a professional service environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A proactive and innovative approach to work and problem solving
- Sound customer orientation / focus.
- Assertiveness and confidentiality.
- Interpersonal sensitivity.
- Effective team worker.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com