Assistant Security Officer
To assist with the effective access control of people and goods at Otjikoto Mine.
- Assist in ensuring that all employees, contractors, suppliers, and/or visitors entering the mine are authorized to enter the property
- Assist with ensuring that all vehicles entering and exiting the mine have authorizing documentation and that they comply with the safety requirements
- Assist in ensuring that all materials, tools and equipment have the authorizing documentation to enter or exit the mine
- Assist in ensuring that personnel and vehicles are searched to prevent unauthorized removal of goods from the mine property
- Conduct regular patrols around the mine site to observe irregular movements or conditions
- Report any suspicious activities to the Senior Security Officer for further investigation
- Maintain an accurate materials, tools and equipment register at the entrance gate
- Assist in the alcohol and drug testing of personnel
Health, Safety and Environmental.
- Ensure compliance to all B2Gold Safety, Health and Environmental policies and procedures
- Maintain a safe working environment and keeping the assigned work area clean and tidy
- Complete site and area specific inductions
- Minimum Grade 12 (NQF Level 4)
- Minimum Three (3) years’ working experience in a Security and/or policing environment
- Code B Driver’s license
- Valid Firearms Training Certification
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Ability to work shifts as per company working schedules
To apply for this job please visit b2gold.ci.hr.