Letshego Holdings Limited
|Introduction||To provide the Letshego Bank Namibia Limited with a full spectrum of Assistant company secretarial and legal services, oversee board governance within the Group and assist in the operational management of the Group Secretariat team.|
|Industries||Banking / Finance & Investment|
The Assistant Company Secretary should:
1. Be accountable to the Board.
2. Ensure that Board procedures are followed and reviewed regularly.
3. Ensure that the applicable rules and regulations for the conduct of the affairs of the Board are complied with in line with NSX and Banking Regulations.
4. Maintain statutory records in accordance with legal requirements.
5. Provide the Board as a whole and individual Board members with detailed guidance as to how their responsibilities should be properly discharged in the best interest of the Company and on good governance.
6. Keep abreast of, and inform, the Board of current corporate governance thinking and practice.
7. Assist the Board with the appointment of directors and train them accordingly.
8. Advise the Board on all legal and Regulatory matters, including legal frameworks and processes.
9. Advise the Board with respect to all regulatory filing and public disclosure relating to the company’s governance processes.
10. Assist with director induction and training programmes.
11. Ensure that Board charters and the terms of reference of board committees are kept up to date.
12. Prepare and circulate board and board committee papers.
13. Elicit responses, input, feedback for Board and Board Committee meetings
14. Assist in drafting annual work plans.
15. Ensure preparation and circulation of minutes of board and committee meetings.
16. Assist with the evaluation of the Board, committees and individual directors.
17. Ensure legal and regulatory compliance by the Company and its affiliate
|Requirements||Knowledge and Experience Required of Job Holder:
1) Grade 12, and a relevant degree in Accounting & Finance or LLB qualification.
2) Membership with the Institute of Chartered Secretaries will be an added advantage
3) Minimum of 3 to 5 years in a corporate or banking environment of a legal/governance/compliance /risk nature.
4) Being bilingual (English& Afrikaans), more languages are an advantage, but not prerequisite.
5) Have a high level of self-drive and being pro-active.
6) Being flexible and able to prioritise duties.
7) Able to cope under pressure of tight deadlines and working overtime is required at times.
8) Ability to manage, coordinate and engender strong team spirit amongst the management and staff of the various Group of companies.
9) Ability to manage multiple disciplines.
To apply for this job please visit jb.skillsmapafrica.com.