Website FP du Toit
FP du Toit
ADMIN OFFICER WAREHOUSE OPERATIONS
Wesbank Transport a division of FP du Toit Transport (Pty) Ltd, a Namibian equal opportunity employer, has the following challenging career opportunity for a suitable candidate in Walvis Bay.
The position’s key performance areas are:
To manage the admin function of the Warehouse Department which includes:
- Receiving Border Documents from cross-border drivers and check that all correct documentation is attached to the freight list and check that driver hand in correct, signed waybills together with customs documentation.
- Sort incoming/outgoing freight documents and forward these to finance for invoicing.
- Follow-up and resolve issues related to open waybills/deliveries and communicate outstanding issues to responsible divisions/depots/departments.
- Resolve incorrect border declarations with appointed agents.
- Liaise with customers regarding truck departure/arrival schedules.
- Assist the Warehouse controller with customer queries.
- Pre and Post briefing of drivers.
- Create and Capture waybills.
- POD of Parcel Perfect.
- Job card preparations (vehicles and forklifts).
- Monitoring pick-ups and collections.
- Manifest preparations and control.
- Creating of freight lists before departures.
- Ensure that all health and safety standards in the warehouse are adhered to in accordance with ISO requirements and Company policies and procedures.
- General neatness of vehicles.
- Perform any other duties as may be requested from time to time as might be reasonably expected from an Administration Officer.
The suitable candidate will meet the following requirements:
- A Namibian Citizen and must have a valid driver’s license.
- Grade 12 with a minimum of 3-5 year’s relevant experience in an administration/transport industry, including the administration of border documents.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication skills (preferably multi-languages) as well as good organisational and administrative abilities.
- Must be proficient in SAP, Microsoft Office & Microsoft Excel packaged with a basic knowledge of the accounting principles.
- Must have a high attention to detail, work accurately and must be details conscious.
- Must have sober habits.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team
- Must have high integrity and adhere to principles and values.
- Must work according to strict deadlines, follow instructions and procedures and excellent time management skills.
- Must be able to deliver on results and meet customer expectations.
- Must work overtime if required.
- Must have a valid Code of Conduct (Police Clearance).
How to apply
Please submit your cover letter, curriculum vitae and supporting documents, to the following address:
The Human Resources Business Partner, Wesbank Transport
c/o Hanna Mupetami Road 11
PO Box 2916, Walvis Bay, Namibia
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and no documents will be returned.