The successful candidates will contribute to ensuring the provision of quality HIV and TB-HIV services at the ART healthcare facilities.
- Provide high quality HIV clinical care services to HIV patients according to the MoHSS national guidelines.
- Initiate HIV treatment as per MoHSS national test and treat ART guidelines.
- Provide nursing care and support services to inpatients as well as outpatients presenting for HIV treatment, care and support services.
- Request appropriate laboratory and clinical investigations, interpret results and provide medical care accordingly.
- Support the integration of TB/HIV, Sexual and Reproductive Health activities including family planning, STI treatment, and management of non-communicable diseases for patients with HIV.
- Maintain medical records and files in a thorough and professional manner.
- Provide positive health, dignity, and prevention (PHDP) including STI, PAP smear, disclosure, and adherence support services.
- Screen patients of OI’s and other co-morbidities (TB, meningitis etc.) and prescribe appropriate medications.
- Conduct alcohol and nutrition screening and refer when indicated.
- Provide Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP), and PrEP to eligible clients as per national guidelines.
- Refer patients in an appropriate manner to Medical Officers, Counsellors, Social Workers, or other care and support services in the health system.
- Provide patient education on HIV, including nutrition, prevention, and prompt treatment of opportunistic diseases, adherence to ART, and prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV in collaboration with other staff of the clinic.
- Evaluate patients for medicines side effects and adherence at each follow-up visit.
- Support NIMART, OI’s, ART, and other HIV related trainings as well as participation on platforms such as Project ECHO and Digital Video Conferencing (DVC).
- Work closely with clinical counterparts.
- Participate in routine (at least monthly) Multi-Disciplinary Team clinical meetings and in quality improvement initiatives, including but not limited to HIVQUAL/NamPROPA/NamLIVE to ensure the highest quality of HIV care at the facility.
- Support decentralization of services and provide outreach services for HIV care as required by region.
- Support the implementation of differentiated care models at the facility.
- Collaborate with community partners in establishing patient adherence groups through determining eligibility of such groups and monitoring their outcomes.
- Participate in data review meetings and support the clinic to utilise the data for action.
- Provide HIV related on-site training as needed.
- Participate in relevant operational research activities.
- Consult with the Registered Nurse, Nurse Mentor or Clinical Mentor on management of more complex cases as needed, including patients failing treatment.
- Respond and adhere to any lawful and reasonable instructions by reporting line.
- Enrolled Nurse/Midwife Certificate.
- Registered with the relevant Health Professions Council of Namibia and have a valid practicing card.
- Experience in the management of HIV.
- HIV Counselling and testing skills will be advantageous.
- Any additional qualifications will be advantageous.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times and create a conducive atmosphere for patients, relatives, and colleagues.
Only Namibian citizens will be considered.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org