4x STOREMAN (SEA GOING)
Debmarine Namibia requires the services of a Storeman. The successful incumbent will be responsible to co-ordinate the receipt, storage and issuing of materials on the vessel.
The incumbent will be required to spend 35 days at sea followed by 35 days ashore and will be required to undertake the following activities:
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Receives materials, checks against documentation received and completes the required transactions on the computer system.
- Receives all return-to-stock items and reconciles these against original issues.
- Determines and maintains appropriate bin locations.
- Preserves, vacuum packs, seals, bags and labels items and bins in correct bin locations.
- Maintains a neat, clean and safe working area as per the NOSA sea-safe / ISO 14001 standards.
- Runs the overdue reservations list daily and determines issuing requirements from the Maintenance Planner or end users.
- Issues stock items completes issue documentation on computer system and obtains acknowledgement of receipt.
- Returns incorrect or over-supplied items by ensuring items are correctly packed, marked and accompanied by relevant documentation.
- Transfers obsolete stock items to the obsolete store ensuring that the items have been correctly authorised and values reduced and are correctly packed, marked and accompanied by relevant documentation.
- Releases PMO from PM tracking system when items leave vessel.
- Performs stock counts in accordance with procedures and plan determined by the Vessel Materials Controller.
- Obtains Planned Maintenance Order (PMO) label from Maintenance Planner, attaches to items ensuring items are correctly packed, marked and accompanied by relevant documentation.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Computer literacy in MS office
- Knowledge of mining Processes
- Administrative skills
- Liaison and interpersonal skills at all levels
- Work independently
- Planning and organizing skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Grade 12 pass
- A certificate in storemanship/stock control will be an added advantage
- 3 Years relevant experiencePreference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act.
WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Please submit a comprehensive CV with proof of qualifications and experience by following the application and registration process on the Sage portal.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to further assessment and screening.
To apply for this job please visit debmarinenamibia.jb.skillsmapafrica.com.