Website Potentia Namibia
The VMMC Enrolled Nurse will assist the Registered Nurses in performing Voluntary Male Medical Circumcision procedures, client counselling, and HIV testing and quality assurance within both fixed and mobile outreach services.
- Assist the clinical team during procedures using the MOVE model.
- Prepare theatres to ensure that they are always ready for operations.
- Assist with outreach planning and demand creation activities.
- Assist in cleaning and applying dressings to clients after the procedure.
- Assist in the cleaning and disposal of medical waste.
- Conduct post-operative observations.
- Monitor stock levels and supplies in theatre and ensure replenishment thereof.
- Ensure equipment is well functioning.
- Ensure that clients’ information is properly and accurately recorded and reported.
- Assist in the managing and tracking of referral of HIV, STI and other related cases.
- Perform any other duties as required.
- An Enrolled Nursing Certificate.
- Proof of Registration with Namibia Nursing Council.
- 3 years’ experience as an Enrolled Nurse in an NGO/community clinic or hospital setting.
- 3 years’ experience in VMMC service delivery.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and fluency at least in one local language.
- Excellent client service skills and ensuring that clients feel appreciated and respected
- Should have strong organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure without compromising quality and integrity.
- HIV Counselling and Testing certification is required.
- Good general knowledge of HIV/AIDS.
- Must be able to work in a team.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com