Website Potentia Namibia
Our client is a donor-funded organisation and partner in development in Namibia, working closely with the Ministry of Health and Social Services (MoHSS) Directorate of Special Programmes (DSP), deploying staff at hospitals and health facilities across the country as part of a coordinated effort with the MoHSS. Their goal is to increase the human capacity needed to provide HIV/AIDS clinical care in countries and regions that are most significantly impacted by the AIDS epidemic. Further to this, our client seeks to support and assist such countries and regions in their development
of locally determined health care worker systems to become optimally resourced, highly responsive, and self-sustaining.
The successful incumbents will be responsible for strengthening the capacity of the district’s COVID-19 vaccination implementation to achieve the
desired coverage in the district.
Key focus areas:
• Conduct day-to-day technical and COVID-19 vaccination operational activities and respond to COVID-19 diseases and other related situations.
• Provide robust and timely epidemiological data analysis on COVID -19 vaccination to continuously inform risk assessment and to support
operational decision making for the response.
• Produce daily situational reports on outbreaks and weekly epidemiological reports for COVID -19 vaccination program/surveillance data and
disseminate to partners.
• Support district level responses to coordinate quarantine data and contact tracing.
• Assist in the operationalisation of standard operating procedures for surveillance and vaccinations for COVID-19.
• Support data and reporting systems for functional, standardized, operational and integrated COVID -19 vaccinations with other national HIS.
• Participate in multisectoral district surveillance activities/meetings.
• Perform other tasks as delegated by the Supervisor.
• Bachelor’s degree in Public Health/Nursing/Epidemiology/ Health-related Science or equivalent
• Master’s Degree in Public Health/Epidemiology will be an advantage
• 3 years of experience in surveillance or a public health setting in health facilities, district, or NGO’s.
• Field Epidemiology training or experience will be an added advantage
This is a fixed-term contract position and our client offers an attractive package for all positions.
Follow the application instructions on the Potentia website www.potentia.com.na and upload a copy of your CV.
All suitably qualified Namibians are encouraged to apply. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you are not contacted within 2 weeks
of the closing date. Only electronic applications and CVs submitted via the Potentia website will be accepted. Our client reserves the right not to make any employment offer or appointment.
To apply for this job please visit www.potentia.com.na.