Our client is a donor-funded organisation and development partner in Namibia, working closely with the Ministry of Health and Social Services’
(MoHSS) Directorate of Special Programmes (DSP). They deploy staff at hospitals and health facilities across the country as part of a coordinated
effort with the MoHSS and their goal is to increase the human capacity needed to provide clinical care and administrative support in countries
and regions that are most significantly impacted.
Kavango | Sambyu Clinic
Omusati | Onaanda Clinic
Oshikoto | Onyaanya Health Centre
The successful candidates will be responsible for supporting ART Management at district, regional and facility level, ensuring availability of ARV’s
and other pharmaceutical commodities in the region and on district level. You will liaise with District and Regional Pharmacists on commodity and
Key focus areas
• Ensure continuous availability of ARV’s and other pharmaceutical commodities at the facility (hospitals/clinics).
• Timely ordering, receiving of HIV/TB pharmaceutical commodities. Verification of received orders.
• Maintain pharmacy inventory (tracking expiry dates, removing of expired medicine from shelves, FEFO principle, checking medicine integrity
etc.). Pre-packing, assembling and labelling medicine.
• Ensure that ARVs and other pharmaceutical commodities are stored according to appropriate prescribed conditions for medicine storage.
• Dispensing to ART patients and data capturing using available tools.
• Patients counselling/information on obvious medicine side effects.
• Instructing ART patients on how to take/use medicine as per Doctor’s prescription and in line with ART guidelines.
• Supply and deliver ARV medicines to other dispensing points such as NIMART sites and Community Based ART (CBART) sites.
• Answering patient’s questions regarding medicine, face to face or telephonically.
• Collaborate with other ART clinical team members (Pharmacists, Doctors, Nurses, Data Clerks, etc.) on the delivery of HIV treatment and care
• Participate in the development of district/regional budgets, plans and compilation of monthly and annual ART reports.
• Work closely with Data Clerks to validate EDT and EPMs data.
• Collaborate with other Health Care Workers on service delivery and MoHSS partners working in the HIV response sector.
• Participate in Training and Technical Supervisory Support visits with other member of the clinical teams.
• Act as a link between the facility pharmacy and the District/Regional Pharmacist on ART pharmaceutical services.
• Support the roll-out and use of Electronic Dispensing Tool according to ART treatment guidelines.
• Perform other lawful and reasonable duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• A Diploma/Certificate in Pharmaceutical Technology.
• Registration with the Pharmacy Council of Namibia, either as a Pharmacist Assistant or Pharmacy Technician and current valid Pharmacist
Assistant practicing card.
• Knowledge and experience of using the ART Electronic Dispensing Tool.
• Preference will be given to Namibian citizens.
This is a fixed-term contract position and our client offers an attractive package.
All suitably qualified Namibians are encouraged to apply.
If you are not contacted 2 weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Only electronic versions of CVs will be accepted.
Our client reserves the right not to make any employment offer or appointment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org