Website Polana Pasta Manufacturers (Pty) Ltd
3x Pasta OPERATORS
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Operating all pasta machines to ensure effective and smooth production and packing of pasta.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Get instructions from the supervisor: Pasta Packaging on what to pack.
- Startup and set up all packaging machines.
- Fit and align the correct film roll on all packing machines.
- Responsible that packets are cut at the correct place. Adjust if necessary. Ensure packets are sealed correctly and properly on transversal and longitudinal seams. Adjust the welding temperatures and welding times if required on all packaging machines.
- Set date and ensure that date is stamped clearly and at the correct place on Packet. Adjust if necessary. Ensure the correct date message is printed.
- Select the correct silo with the correct product to pack from.
- Start feeding to the packaging machines.
- Check and adjust the weights if necessary.
- Start conveyors.
- Start and test Metal detectors and check weighers.
- Report any defects immediately to the Controller: Pasta Packaging.
- Packing with the automatic bundling machine. Start the machine, fit and adjust the correct equipment.
- Adjust the width of guides and roller guides.
- Fit and adjust the correct shrink film.
- Program the correct configuration and or load the correct recipe.
- Allow machine to reach operating temperature and test sealing.
- Start an automatic bundling machine and check that balers are formed correctly.
- Check that the correct labels are applied to the balers
- If packing 20kg or 30 kg, start machines and select the correct weight. Use correct bags, correct color sewing thread, and correct labels.
- Ensure the correct label is used for the various products and that the correct data is written on labels.
- Ensure pallet packers use correct (green or blue) pallets.
- Handle and sort out all the alarms and problems in the storage and packaging area
- Keep packaging machines and surrounding areas clean and maintain good housekeeping.
- Report any defects to the Controller: Pasta Packaging.
- Assist with stocktaking.
- Carry out any tasks given by the superiors.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 (NQF4)
- 2 Years relevant experience in a technical environment
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Should be able to do basic Mathematics
- Must work shifts
- Namibian citizen
- Availability to work overtime, weekends, and holidays
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com