Job Interview Tips
Before the interview
• Research the company and its products. It’s also good to research the industry and the competition.
• Prepare your 30-second personal pitch.
• List questions to ask the interviewer.
• Prepare your interview answers. Do a mock interview.
• List the qualities you possess that fit the job requirements – have examples of each.
• Look at the required skills and think of real-life situations where you used these skills.
• Arrive 15 minutes before your interview.
• Announce yourself to the receptionist in a professional manner.
• Stand and greet your interviewer with a firm handshake.
• Smile and maintain eye contact.
• Learn what you can about the company.
• Try to focus on the points you have prepared without sounding stiff – have a general guideline on practical examples, but do not practice wrote answers.
• Listen to the questions being asked and always trying to engage the interviewer.
• Ask questions and listen carefully, ask the interviewer to repeat the question if you do not understand.
• At the end, thank the interviewer and inquire about the next step.
• Thank the interviewer and inquire about any information you want to know.
• Ask for a business card or contact details so you can send a follow-up letter.
• Be confident
• Be yourself
• Every interview is a learning experience
• The interviewers are just people
• Practice makes perfect